IUI #1



Well, we did it! IUI #1 is complete. Eric rendered his, um, sample, at home and I brought it to the doctor who then gave it a try. However, I feel like it might be too late. I got my LH surge on Friday and the IUI needs to be completed within 24 hours. But we will give it a try and see! Lets hope this works!!
So excited! After I spoke with the doctor we decided not only to try chlomid but to try chlomid plus an IUI-an intrauterine insemination. Chlomid can be used to help with ovulation, but it can also work to help with unexplained infertility. The IUI will allow the dr. to insert the semen directly into my cervix - right next to the fallopian tubes - after I detect an LH surge. The semen analyss came back fine but was lightly low on motility (their ability to swim i think). So hopefully that will work!!

This cycle was too late for chlomid, so we will try it next cycle, but this cycle we ill try the IUI alone. REALLLY crossing my fingers!
Well, its been a long time since i posted. This past year has been pretty eventful. For awhile, we went back to not trying. Decided to wait a bit longer. Well, we decided to try again and I further spoke to the doctor since Its been over a year with no luck. We had Eric tested and also had a test on me performed called an HSG or Hysterosalpingography. It is basically a test where they inject dye into you and and watch it spread through your cervix and Fallopian tubes to see if there are any blockages. It's suppose to lead to great success afterwards since it essentially "cleans you out." Well, that was two cycles ago. And still nothing. I'm having normal cycles, ovulating each time......Ugh!!! This is so frustrating! As of right now I have "unexplained infertility." The HSG test came back normal, thank goodness because I really do not want to do that again! It hurt soooo badly! The uterus basically contracts when it's done. It hurt so much! Maybe I should rethink this baby thing...kidding!

Contacted the doctor today regarding next steps....at another appointment we discussed chlomid. He says he thinks it is appropriate to try now. I go in to see him soon! Fingers crossed!